Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello World

Hello World, I guess I'm starting this blog to attempt to capture my experiences studying abroad over the next 4 months... doubtful since I am anything but eloquent and most certainly not very blog-saavy but I'll do my best. I'm an architecture student at Clemson University and currently studying the wonderful world of architecture in none other than Barcelona, which I would argue is the world's best setting to do so in. I arrived here last week with only my computer, toothbrush, and broken Spanglish- a language developed from my knowledge of  Mexican restaurants and Speedy Gonzalez. A week into the 4 month stay here and I'm already adjusting quite well thanks to IKEA and friendly Spaniards who try to develop my Spanglish vocab.
Oh I guess I should quickly explain that I am not an amputee victim and actually the title of my blog is a very nerdy reference to J.R. Tolkein's Bilbo who so famously told Frodo,
 '' It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step  onto the road and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to..''
It seemed strangely appropriate after wallking into a bar yesterday around lunchtime on Port Vell and seeing The Lord of the Rings playing on TV....

No comments:

Post a Comment