Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some photos thus far

Normally when I travel, I get a little camera happy and take Pat's rule of  ''taking multiple shots'' a little too extremely and end up with hundreds of photos that a. stink and b. I never look at again. Also, I've noticed that once I get behind a camera, I'm separating myself from the experience; so my goal for my travels this time around is to focus on quality instead of quantity. I've collected a few of my favorites thus far...
This first one was taken in Lisbon, along the beach in front of  Torres de Belem. The Tower is offset a little which creates a little more dramatic feel to the setting sun behind.

The next photo is a detail of a graffiti wall in Barcelona. Who knew John Wayne had made it all the way over to Spain?
The next one is a panoramic view of the bay outside the main plaza in Lisbon, my favorite spot in the city. It was gorgeous to walk down the steps literally into the sea and have the water enter the plaza. This photo is an example of using a wideframe to acheive a panoramic view.

The last picture, is of a really interesting sculpture suspending from a bridge in Madrid. I thought it to be an exception of Pat's rule, since he said he had some really successful exceptions, it was shot looking straight ahead and is situated in the center of the photo.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done. (Normally, students who confuse John Wayne and Clint Eastwood are summarily... but, hey, you're on the field so I'll overlook that - THIS TIME.) Good examples.

    ReplyDelete